Handy Reference of California Traffic Violation Codes
There are often times when you may find a Notice to Appear in your mailbox and have no idea what the California traffic violation is for. This happens even more often if you happen to be a spouse, a parent or an unlucky driver with more than one recent violation to keep track of.
We have consulted with the California Department of Motor Vehicles to provide you with this handy list of California Traffic Code Sections (click on the category heading for further details of the violation code).
- Exceeding 55mph Commercial truck driver speed or speed while towing (Vehicle Code 22406)
- Exceeding 55mph 2 lane highway or freeway construction zone (Vehicle Code 22349b)
- Exceeding 65mph freeway speed (Vehicle Code 22349a)
- Exceeding 70mph freeway speed (Vehicle Code 22356b)
- Exceeding 100mph (Vehicle Code 22348)
- Unsafe Speed (Vehicle Code 22350)
- Exceeding Special Speed Zones (construction, school, bridge,etc.)
- Passing limit line on red light (Vehicle Code 21453a)
- Right on Red (Vehicle Code 21453b)
- Turning on red arrow (Vehicle Code 21453c)
- Disobey red freeway meter (Vehicle Code 21455)
- Fail to Stop for red signal at railroad crossing (Vehicle Code 22451)
- Driving through intersection in improper lane (Vehicle Code 22101)
- Driving a commercial truck or towing in wrong lane (Vehicle Code 22348c)
- Driving solo in carpool lane (Vehicle Code 21655.5)
- Signs regulating turns (Vehicle Code 22101)
- Passing over double yellow lines (Vehicle Code 21650)
- Tailgating (Vehicle Code 21703)
- Failed to yield to an emergency vehicle (Vehicle Code 21806)
- Unsafe lane change (Vehicle Code 21658)
- Seatbelt (Vehicle Code 27315)
If you have your citation number and (in some cases) other identification information, you may find more information on the website of the court that has jurisdiction over the ticket. See our California Court Information page for more details on each California court.
For more information on any California traffic violation, and how to beat it, call our traffic ticket experts at 800.850.8038 or explore this site, TicketBust.com, in more detail. If you are ready to start beating that California traffic violation today, click on the Bust My Ticket link above, provide us with some details and we will get the ball rolling today!
Although the majority of our customers have their ticket dismissed or reduced using our service, some do not. In those cases we offer a Money Back Service Guarantee. Please make sure and read out terms and conditions regarding our Money Back service Guarantee.
ABC News Channel 7 Feature Ticketbust.com
Interviewed by Ric Romero, CA
Ric Romero, consumer specialist for Channel 7 ABC News, features TicketBust.com. Mr. Romero states "TicketBust.com says it's helping California traffic violators beat tickets without them ever having to show up in court." TicketBust fights tickets by helping drivers file what's known as a Trial by Written Declaration, which allows drivers to contest the ticket in writing.
A Better Way To Fight A Traffic Ticket Commercials
Ticketbust.com has just released a series of new commercials centered around their new marketing campaign "There's Gotta Be A Better Way To Get Out Of A Traffic Ticket" click on the video to watch all 6 ticketbust.com commercials.
Click here to find out more about our FREE TicketBust.com mobile app or click the links below to download now.