Number of Traffic Tickets in California
Just How Many Traffic Tickets are Issued in California each Year?
We have gathered information from a number of different sources to attempt to answer this question. Here is a summary of what we found.
- Approximately 16 million traffic tickets are issued each year in California.
- California is ranked #14 most likely state to ticket drivers.
- California ranked #4 state to issue most speed tickets.
- 1.8 million tickets are issued in LA county each year.
- 5 to 6 million get ticketed for a 1–point violation in CA each year.
NOTE: TicketBust may not support some of the opinions and information contained in this article and it is not responsible for the accuracy of the data gathered. This is for your information only. Where available, we have listed the source with links to more information about the findings.
In 2007, the state of California issued nearly 16 million traffic violations. The majority of these were traffic infractions, what most of us receive for relatively minor offenses such as running a red light, making an improper turn, or driving over the speed limit.
- No one knows how many traffic tickets are actually issued. Many local units of government deliberately hide this information so they do not have to split their traffic ticket revenue with the state. Not including parking tickets, we can estimate that somewhere between 25 and 50 million traffic tickets are issued each year. Assuming an average ticket cost of $150.00, the total up front profit from tickets ranges from 3.75 to 7.5 billion dollars.
- The National Motorists Association ranked CA # 14 most likely state to ticket drivers
One in every six drivers will receive a speeding ticket each year
- According to the National Motorists Association, the top ten states that issue the most speeding tickets are Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York, California, Texas, Georgia, Virginia, North Carolina, Massachusetts and Connecticut in that order.
...1.8 million tickets issued in the county each year.... (LA)
Five to six million people get tickets in California every year for one-point infractions.
For more information on how TicketBust can help beat your traffic tickets in California, visit www.ticketbust.com or call 800 850-8038. For help in fighting cell phone tickets visit www.fightcellphonetickets.com and for help in Spanish, please visit www.CombateSuTicket.com or call our Spanish Speaking Customer Service at 818 584-3689.
Although many of our customers have their ticket dismissed or reduced using our service, some do not. In those cases we offer a refund of our Service Fee if you traffic ticket doesn't get dismissed. Please make sure and read out terms and conditions regarding our Service Fee Refund.
ABC News Channel 7 Feature Ticketbust.com
Interviewed by Ric Romero, CA
Ric Romero, consumer specialist for Channel 7 ABC News, features TicketBust.com. Mr. Romero states "TicketBust.com says it's helping California traffic violators beat tickets without them ever having to show up in court." TicketBust fights tickets by helping drivers file what's known as a Trial by Written Declaration, which allows drivers to contest the ticket in writing.
Have a traffic ticket? You need these books. Get them free if you use our service or buy them now. Click here for details
A Better Way To Fight A Traffic Ticket Commercials
Ticketbust.com has just released a series of new commercials centered around their new marketing campaign "There's Gotta Be A Better Way To Get Out Of A Traffic Ticket" click on the video to watch all 6 ticketbust.com commercials.
Click here to find out more about our FREE TicketBust.com mobile app or click the links below to download now.